My daughter decided to wean when she was 18 months. Around that same time she also started dragging my nursing gown around. I guess that makes sense. I had worn the gown almost every day of her life.
It was familiar, and even though she decided she didn't need to breastfeed anymore she still wanted to carry a bit of me with her. Touching, eh? I thought so until we had an disagreement about taking it to daycare one day. The gown had been useful for a year and a half, but it had holes and the elastic in the neckline was worn out. If I do ever have another baby nursling I think I deserve a new nursing gown.
So we decided to make an old thing into a new one. Now my daughter has a new friend and I have a special keepsake to remember our nursing relationship.
If you would like, we can make a puppy for you out of any yard of special material.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.